Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students studying a VET course, completing an apprenticeship or skill set or enrolled in a Certificate or Diploma course require a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI gives you access to your online USI Account which will help keep all your training records together. To create your USI refer to the USI Student Quick Guide and follow the steps:
- You need a form of ID to create your USI. If you do not have one of the listed ID documents,please contact us. We also help you create your USI if you need assistance.
- Activate your USI Account.
- Give us permission to view and update your details and Transcripts.
- Store your USI number in a secure place
- Contact and advise your Saddle On admin Team of your USI Number.
If you are a continuing student at Saddle On, you will need to include your USI Number when enrolling.
USI Transcript Service
Transcripts are available on the USI website You will be able to view and download a USI Transcript made up of all your VET Training Outcomes submitted with a USI by Registered Training Organisations to the National VET Collections from 2015 to the previous requesting year. If you believe your Transcript is incorrect you need to contact us for investigation and possible amendment.
You will not be able to request from the USI Registrar a Transcript of your VET qualifications without a USI.
Saddle On will not be able to issue you a qualification or a Statement of Attainment until you provide a USI or show us your Confirmation of an Exemption from the USI Office. Want to learn more? Watch this video
Individual Exemptions for Students to have a USI
To find out more about individual exemptions for students to have a USI, visit the Individual Exemptions for Students page.