Quality & Experience BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance. Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
This qualification is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- This is an entry-level qualification for secondary school graduates, those working in business administration, those seeking entry into higher level business positions or those with professional experience in a range of industries.
- The program is targeted at domestic Leaners with or without any prior experience or you could be in an on-the-job situation (currently employed or actively willing to seek employment).
Learners with experience in the relevant industry or education can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer. Please refer to ‘RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING AND CREDIT TRANSFER’ section or contact Saddle on for further information.
52 weeks including holidays (45 weeks of study and 7 weeks of holidays)
Qualification Package Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
SADDLE ON Admission requirements
SADDLE ON has the following admission requirements:
- There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Leaners may enrol directly in the certificate level course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
- Leaners must be able to bring in a laptop to class
- Leaners must attend a Pre-Training interview and complete a language, literacy and numeracy test prior to enrolment or the commencement of training. If addition support is required, then we can help you. For additional information, go to the Student Handbook on our website.
Required Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level
Following ACSF level is required in reading, writing, learning and numeracy, and oral communication to gain entry into the qualification:
- Learning: 4
- Reading: 3
- Writing: 3
- Oral Communication: 3
- Numeracy: 2
SADDLE ON is responsible for obtaining enrolment details in full, as outlined on the Enrolment Application Form and ensure that information pertaining to individual learning requirements is provided to participants prior to enrolment for vocational education and training. Pre-Training Review will be done during application processing using the Pre-Training Review form in accordance with the applicant’s provided information. This review consists of information related to each Student’s previous education, training and work experience. This review will be conducted in order to determine if there is a need to recognise existing competencies through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and / or Credit for prior studies.
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business*
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management*
- BSB50120 - Diploma of Business *
- Other accounting and business-related qualifications*.
*Please be informed these qualifications are not delivered by Saddle On.
- Data Entry Operator
- Business Administration
- General Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Business Support Officer
Mode of Delivery
Blended Mode of Delivery:
- Classroom based training or virtual training via Zoom during COVID – 19
- Self-paced Learning
20 hours per week of classroom delivery.
Students will be devoting allocated hours for each unit per week towards self-paced learning/study.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING AND CREDIT TRANSFER
The underlying principle of Nationally Recognised Training is that a learner does not have to repeat training and assessment that has already been undertaken.
SADDLE ON has a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer Policies and Procedures and can be found at SADDLE ON’s website, which outlines in detail processes to be followed for granting recognition and credit transfer. This is supported through the RPL guidelines for this qualification which focus specifically on all units.
Learners are encouraged to apply for RPL prior to or immediately after formal enrolment but prior to the facilitated delivery of units to ensure that they do not miss any training opportunities offered should they be unsuccessful in the RPL process.
Credit Transfer relates to the recognition of learning achieved through formal education and training, and involves assessing a previously completed course or units to see if it provides equivalent learning or competency outcomes to those required within the current course of study. Learners must provide transcripts of results and/or statements of attainment for credit transfer to be assessed.
Where a learner is successful in the RPL or Credit Transfer (CT) application, the units to be undertaken and course duration will be adjusted accordingly.
Where RPL is granted, learners do not have to participate in further training and assessment for skills and knowledge that they already possess.
- Tuition Fee: AUD 3000
- Material Fee: AUD 500
- Application/Registration Fee: AUD 250 (Non-refundable)
- RPL Fee: AUD 1,500
Note: Students will be provided the option of Easy Monthly Instalments. Students are advised contact the Institute in relation to the updated and recent fees for the course. Course fee is subject to change.
Terms and Conditions:
- SADDLE ON will strive to maintain highly competitive fair and reasonable fee structures.
- SADDLE ON adjusts its fees and charges from time to time. Changes to fees will be fairly and equitably applied, advertised and clearly indicate the date from which the change will take effect.
- SADDLE ON provides details of course fees in all course information.
- SADDLE ON will ensure these fees are applied and communicated to clients prior to enrolment.
- SADDLE ON adopts the following to protect fees paid in advance:
- Flexible payment arrangements/ options will accommodate individual circumstances.
- Saddle on does not charge more than $1500.00 in advanced payment.
- Fees must be paid in full before certification will be issued.
- Acceptable payment options can be made via credit card, direct debit, and EFT remittance to accommodate the diverse financial situations of clients.
Course duration has been calculated as 52 weeks in total.
All students are expected to give allocated hours for each unit as Self-paced Study/learning. Your trainer will update you on this before commencement of the course or you can contact SADDLE ON’s support staff to know more about this.
Total number of units = 13
6 core unit plus
7 elective units.
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBESB401 Research and develop business plans
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
- BSBFIN301 Process financial transactions
- BSBFIN302 Maintain financial records
- BSBHRM416 Process payroll
Monthly Intake commencing mid of every month.
Each unit is delivered and assessed as a standalone unit.
Assessment requires achievement across all tasks to demonstrate competence and may include:
- Written Questions
- Case Study
- Practical Tasks (Role Play / report Writing)
RESOURCES / MATERIALS
Saddle On shall provide Leaners with equipment and resources as specified in the BSB training package in form of Customised in house assessment tools, Learner Guide, Power Point Presentations
RTO will provide a suitably equipped simulated workplace environment, classrooms and laptops (if required) for training and assessment processes, as well as a range of additional resources that may be required.
Upon successful completion of this course, student will receive a nationally recognised BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment for partial completion of the course.
COURSE DELIVERY LOCATION
This qualification will be delivered at the head office or any other convenient location depending on the cohort/group's requirement. These locations are often rented spaces in community centres or office premises. During COVID restrictions, the classes will be held virtually.
Before enrolment, each student should ensure s/he meets the following requirements:
- Enrolment Application Form can be downloaded from website https://saddleon.com.au/ or request to be emailed can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read and understand the complete information available at SADDLE ON’s website or email your request to email@example.com.
- Read and understand all policies and procedures available at SADDLE ON’s website or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide SADDLE ON with their Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. For more information, see https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi.
- You can post or visit us at our head office Office 413, 101 Overton Rd, WILLIAMS LANDING VIC 3027
- You will also find further information about fees and refunds and the enrolment process applied by SADDLE ON on the website and Student Handbook.
- For further details or queries, SADDLE ON can be contacted via email at email@example.com or phone: (03) 5282 4017.
- SADDLE ON has got the systems in place to make sure that student is getting quality training during the course. SADDLE ON is responsible for compliance and training & assessment of this course and there are no third-party training provider services acquired by SADDLE ON.
- Please go through the policies and procedures regarding enrolment, fee refunds and complaints & appeals available on the website.
Our responsibilities to the students:
- Providing Quality Training and Assessment
- Complying with the VRQA guidelines, AQTF standards/elements
- Issuing AQF certification, when all the assessment and financial requirements are met by the students.
Please note that Saddle on does not provide any guarantee of:
- A learner will successfully complete a training product on its scope of registration; or
- A training product can be competed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of the relevant training package or VET accredited course; or
- A learner will obtain a particular employment outcome.
- Licensing outcome
Student must read student handbook before making an enrolment decision. You can contact student services for any further information.